Monday, November 23, 2009

Broccoli Soup

1 cup broccoli, cooked


2 Tablespoons margarine or butter
1/3-1/2 onion minced
3 Tablespoons flour
1 1/2 cups boiling water
1-2 beef bouillon cubes (can use chicken)
1 cup shredded cheese (I use cheddar)

While the broccoli is cooking melt the butter in a skillet and add the onion. Cook until the onion is done and add flour making a paste. Slowly add boiling water stirring constantly. Add bouillon cubes and stir until melted. Just before serving add the cheese....or you can sprinkle a spoonful of cheese on each bowl and serve.
I usually take whatever broccoli I have and wing it. I thicken by mixing flour with hot water in a jar and shaking. And I use the powdered bouillon and add to taste. I really love this soup. It is low in calories and very tasty.

1 comment:

gina said...

I made this today. Used red onion and it adds a bit of fun color to the dish!